Traveling to Germany is always an experience
To avoid troubles check in advance:
- if you need a visa to go to Germany and Austria
- if your passport is valid
- health : generally, no particular vaccinations are needed for visiting Germany but do take a first-aid kit
- health insurance : medical care is expensive, get health insurance esp. if you plan to stay longer
- find out about etiquette, Germany 's dos and don'ts
- if you need an adapter (electricity: 220 V, 50 Hz)
- pack carefully: German weather is not the most reliable, make sure to bring some protection
- Germany follows the metric system
Last Minute Tips
- Keep a separate photocopy of your passport.
- Bring an adequate supply of personal medication.
- Insurance for health, accident, flight, and seminar cancellation is recommended.
- Walking or running shoes are recommended as well as a raincoat and an umbrella.
- Dress is informal most of the time. We recommend that you bring one more formal outfit.
- Leave some extra space in your luggage for the information material you will receive during the seminar.
- Leave the European phone and fax numbers as well as addresses with a relative or friend.